Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Writing Struggles

Writing assignments were never one of my strong points. However, I have approved a lot since freshman year. Freshman year mainly introduced writing assignments because we never did that many in middle school. I struggle with introduction and conclusion paragraphs. I find it hard to introduce your topic in more than one sentence. Then trying to wrap everything up in a conclusion paragraph without sounding repetitive is difficult. I also struggle and become frustrated with length expectations of the paper. I hate how we have to make it a certain length because I make my paper factual and to the point. If I try to make it more lengthy it tends to sound too wordy and repetitive. Either way I get a bad grade for it being too short or to repetitive. Don't get me wrong I love writing down my thoughts and feelings but when people critize my work I just don't have the will power to do it any more. If your critized on something all the time why would anybody want to do it? This is why I struggle with writing assignments.

"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibriun." ~ Norbet Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment